Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Personal: Just Keep Swimming!

Bear with me, this is going to get a little personal... but here goes!

I want you all to smile. Anyone reading this - even if it's just one person - I want you to smile, and to be happy. I want you to appreciate everything in life, and I want you to know that there's always a reason to smile. I know that's things don't always go the way we want them to, and sometimes we become the kind of person that we'd never thought we'd be. But it's okay. Change is okay. Don't ever give up.

It's been a while that I've been suffering from anxiety and depression now, but I refuse to let it get me down. Don't you get sick of those tired, restless nights, letting your thoughts take over and haunt you? I want to be the one in control, I want to manage my thoughts so that they don't kill me.

Saying all this makes me sound all high and mighty, and suggests that I'm much stronger than I am, but I'm writing this for me as much as I'm writing it for you. I want us both to be happy.

I find myself constantly thinking negatively, with low self-esteem, frequent social anxiety, generalized anxiety, depression, comparing myself to others and feeling jealous.. I want it all to stop. For me and for any of you that feel the same way. Let's get inspired together, and let's make a change.

Three things I am grateful for:
- My parents
- Making it this far
- Friends

Your turn. Keep on swimming, kiddo!

Xoxo,
Alina 

2 comments: